Skip to main content

The Hairpin-Bend?


The Mid-Life Crisis..

What is the real meaning of this phrase? For quite some time now, I've been struggling with various issues, ranging from questions about the reason for my existence, to my future career prospects, or the 'Quality time" with my daughter (rather, the lack of it).

One fine day, out of the blue, I happened to watch an inspirational speech by a highly successful entrepreneuer, and it just made my mind topsy-turvy. He had focused not on how to earn money, rather about doing what you love and living life on one's own terms. 

I was a pilgrim lost in the chaos of my life, and here was a person who said something that seemed to be a very personal message to me at that point. 

Now, a few days have gone by since that life-changing moment. I know what I love, what I aspire to. But will I have the courage to see it through to the end? Do I have the strength to give my all to achieve a teeny-weeny bit of fulfillment in life? That remains to be seen..

Loud Speaker  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be

Elders always say, "Be like him or be like her" and what not. But sometimes, they also do say the exact opposite. When asked to elaborate on this, they say "just trying to help you" and walk away. Now my question is: Do you follow the advice? Do you take the plunge? What they say is about their own experiences. They lived in a world free of competition, and studied in libraries and with enormous dictionaries.  Now-a-days, there is a lot of competition in the form of exams, quizzes, and other milestones. It is like a staircase, which seems never-ending. The steps to even reach the landing or get a glimpse of the summit is far-fetched, especially when it comes to studies. Those who make these statements are blissfully unaware of today's problems. So, do we listen to them? Or do we walk away? To be? Or not to be??? Czar of Confusion

Gifts: Pricey vs. priceless

Why do we hesitate to say 'no' to a gift? Our face lights up and we are overjoyed when someone actually hands over a gift, especially when it is least expected. Gifts have become a fashion icon these days. Not only the gift that is given, but the one that's taken back. Even children, when they are the invitees of a birthday party, are eager to get something in "return" and that's how the modern concept of return gift was born. Children seem to be enchanted by return gifts even when they get a simple pencil box or a party cap. But how far this culture is taking us and the next generation, is a pertinent question. Today being Teachers' Day, my thoughts roll back to this insignificant but impacting gesture of children in a school I worked. The day started with hoots and cheerful din which I thought were rather unnecessary, at least not from school children who are barely 15. I can understand if those in the late teens had behaved so. The children who

Master your mind to become a mastermind

How is my friend so tension free? How is my next door neighbour with three young children able to manage everything with grace and poise day after day? Why doesn't my spouse react when there is an argument? Why do I get so stressed at the end of the day? Why do I feel fatigued often? If some of these questions have been flooding your mind of late, you simply have one common answer. Accept the bitter fact: Your mind is not in your control. Irksome behaviour, frowning eyebrows, splitting headache, and some other common problems arise when you are NOT the master of your mind. So, what should I do if I have to stay cool, be organised, self-disciplined and develop good personality traits? Become the master of your mind. Keeping the mind under control makes you self-disciplined. That will automatically teach you the limits. You have the leash in your hand; your mind is in total control and you will soon realise that you can overcome temptations. Once your mind is in control